Transit Visa is available to citizens of all countries except ECOWAS Nationals who do not require visa to visit Nigeria and other countries with which Nigeria has entered into visa abolition agreements.
Class of Persons Eligible to Transit Visa
Foreign Travelers wishing to enter Nigeria for onward destination outside the country.
- Passport valid for at least 6 months with at least 2 blank pages for endorsement.
- Two (2) recent passport sized (35/40mm) color photograph with white background.
- Copy of Identity Card (front and back) or Residence Permit (for foreign nationals living in Belgium or Luxembourg).
- Valid Visa for final destination.
- Confirmed ticket to destination outside Nigeria.
- Evidence of sufficient funds.
- Evidence of Hotel Reservation.
- Copy of 'Carnet de passage' for vehicles/motor bikes for those applicants travelling by road.
- Evidence of Yellow fever vaccination. It is obligatory for all travellers to Nigeria. Travellers should ensure that their international health Vaccination Certificates are up to date before departure.
7 days Maximum period of stay.
Caution: Note that this Visa is not valid for employment.
See table of fees here (paid at the time of online application)
5 working days from receipt of application if all requirements are met.
Step 1: Apply online
Complete the online visa application here and print completed form.
Step 2: Pay online (https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/) and print payment receipt.
Step 3: Affix 2 passport sized (35/40 mm) color photographs with white background.
Step 4: Submit the completed application to Embassy in person with attached requirements.
Note: Applicant may be invited for interview if necessary.