Temporary Work Permit (TWP)
Experts invited by corporate bodies to provide specialized skilled services, such as after sales installation, maintenance, repairs of machines & equipment.
Requirements for the issuance of Temporary Work Permit (TWP)
- Passport valid for at least 6 months with at least 2 blank pages for endorsement.
- Two (2) recent passport sized (35/40mm) color photographs with white background.
- Copy of Identity Card (front and back) or Residence Permit (for foreign nationals living in Belgium or Luxembourg).
- Confirmed Return ticket.
- TWP Cable obtainable only from the office of the Comptroller General of Immigration in the Nigeria Immigration Service Headquarters, Abuja.
- Letter of Invitation from the host.
- Letter of Sponsorship and request for TWP from the sending company to the Embassy.
- Copy of data page of host's Passport if Nigerian. In case of foreign nationals living in Nigeria, a copy of Nigerian Residence Card (front and back).
- Certificate of incorporation of company.
- Copy of school diploma/degree.
- Acceptance of IR* (Immigration Responsibility) by inviting organisations or individual.
- Copy of Yellow fever vaccination. It is obligatory for all travelers to Nigeria. Travelers should ensure that their international health Vaccination Certificates are up to date before departure.
See table of fees here (paid at the time of online application)
Service Charge: € 75 - to be paid at the Embassy by
5 working days from receipt of application if all the requirements are met.
Step 1: Apply online
Complete the online visa application here and print completed form.
Step 2: Pay online (https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/) and print payment receipt.
Step 3: Affix 2 passport sized (35/40 mm) color photographs with white background.
Step 4: Submit completed forms to the Embassy in person with attached requirements.
*IR means acceptance of Immigration Responsibility which includes but not limited to: Accommodation/feeding, Transportation and if need be the cost of repatriation or deportation.